Friday, July 13, 2012

Sailing Away

 Rich & Laurie take us on 2 great days of sailing.






Yummy lunch at sea. 

We set sail off of Alamitos Bay for a wonderful day  of sailing. We had a great time. We saw the Catalina Express. It takes you over to Catalina Island where I hope to visit as part of my California experience. We saw sailboats racing, sea lions that congregate on the buoys, oil rigs, and downtown Long Beach. Tom and I were even entrusted with the responsibility of steering.








I even had the opportunity to go with my friend Lori and her son Jared. 
We had another great day of sailing, but it was quite windy so we had 
quite the ride. We saw what seemed to be hundreds of wind surfers.
 It was quite the sight. And a very patriotic parasailor. 
Thanks to Rich & Laurie for another great day had by all. 









Captain & First Mate aboard the Serendipity.




4 comments:

Kathy Bell said...

I am so glad and also a bit jealous that you guys were able to do this. And just from the pictures on the Friday I can tell it was a really windy day!! That always makes me nervous when we would lean so much so I hope it wasn't too scary for you guys. I hope someday we can all go out together. You guys look like natural sailors too!

Laurie said...

Great post, Rosemary! Your pictures are awesome!!! Glad you all had such a fun time. We will definitely have to do it again I love the "ARRRGGH" too!

Shel said...

I've always wanted to go sailing. Its on my bucket list. So happy you shared your sailing on your blog. Great pictures and fun to see Jared & Lori Too. :)

Shel said...

I've always wanted to go sailing. Its on my bucket list. So happy you shared your sailing on your blog. Great pictures and fun to see Jared & Lori Too. :)